Thread: Hello, all
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 02:25 PM

Wheat47 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello, all

R/C newbie here. Mostly I build miniature model stationary steam engines, and pumps or something for them to run. Over the past few years, I've become interested in model cranes, hopefully R/C controlled. I purchased a set of R/C crane planes from John/Tom which seem to be a good starting project. HOWEVER, I know almost nothing, el-zippo about R/C. I'm near Billings, Mt and there are only a couple of R/C stores there, but they are mostly into cars and rock climber things. Somehow, I ran across Rvjimd's video about the crane he built, and I was absolutely fascinated!!! Obviously, way beyond my R/C knowledge, hopefully something to aim for.
I have my own mini-machine shop. I have a Jet 13" lathe and a mill/drill plus a small metal shaper and a small Atlas horizontal milling machine. There is also a stick welder and a wire welder and a gas welder. I do on occasion do small machine work for my farmer neighbors. Please feel free to message me with any questions or comments. I figure when I stop learning, I'm dead!!!