View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 07:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yale Forklift - NewRay

I took a look again at the several rc sparks videos of upgrading the Carson h40 Linde they run on the Loading stuff and went similar but different.
https://youtu.be/JSBuD7sZwV8
https://youtu.be/QsLQpNzo_EI

The small cheap no-name brushed escs are a good fit, it's only pushing 130 motors.
Steering servo is just a little mg90s that took a setup i wasn't fully happy with and will probably change if i convert another, but it kept it all below the battery rack and might even get me some high speed wobble.
I used a flysky "fs-x6b" rx, and it just happens that board uses the same mount spacing as some posts in the forklift. I don't actually reccomend it since you basically have to make power and ground bus and connect individual signal wires. I like plug&play rx options better.

Battery lives up in the forklifts counterweight, i knocked out the seperators and forward wall to shove battery through. Also hogged out the battery cover so i wouldn't need to worry about pinching a wire. Stuck some micro JST connectors on because they look pretty similar to scaled down Anderson PowerPoles.

Had to put a yellow beacon on, Safety Third.
It's not right to *ever* try to be a spotter for a forklift without having lights shining directly in your eyes, so i drilled out the square housings for some 3mm leds, all wiring routed down a channel in the ROPS and tapped the yellow beacons harness for power with a resistor. White lights and beacon on when model turned on, then beacon switchable modes to help when several run together.

It takes 3 screws to split the body off the chassis, and now Light and Battery connectors to completely remove it.

Dropped a Bruder figure in the seat, probably needs a seatbelt. It's got a cup holder on the bulkhead, so i opened that up and shaved the bottom of a dollhouse Coke bottle. Had to pop the cap and drill the mouth of the bottle.

Think i'm probably going to need to order some decals for this after i paint the black parts. Maybe make a book holder for the seat. Probably some weathering.

Last edited by frizzen; 01-18-2020 at 07:15 PM.