View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 12:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Well, I tried to make a lil progress on the Weyerhaeuser logging truck yesterday. I found a sketch fir a Peerless headache rack that I would like to scale to size. When I scale it out, the size of it on the computer screen, I watch it change size(s). When I try to print it the size on the paper DOESN'T change. I took it to the FedEx Kinko's yesterday to have them give it a go. I brought the original printing, AND a thumb drive with the original picture on it. I told them what sizes I wanted to enlarge it to & asked if they wanted the thumb drive, OR the already printed version. They declined the thumb drive option, & took the printing behind the counter. I was thinking possibly they have a different copier machine then I've seen before. They would have to in order to be able to enlarge the picture by, (just throwing out a few #'s fir an axample) 125% top to bottom, & lets say 130% side to side. They ran a couple of different prints, & brought them to me, with a ruler. I measured them, & neither was what I told them I wanted. On was close enough to the right height, but WAY too wide. When I told the gal that neither would work, & what I needed to have happen, she said they COULDN'T do that. I'm NOT too tech qualified, but I could have told them that a copy machine WOULD'T get the dimensions that I needed. I thought they were a print shop! Shouldn't a print shop know how to take a thumb drive with a picture on it, & manipulate it to the dimensions that a customer requests?