View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

"Ok which one is better for dirt roads and uneven surfaces? Axles with lockers or having front wheel drive? Obliviously front drive with lockers all around is best but I have rear (2) and front drive axles for the dumper build. But would have to purchase locking axles. My thoughts are for building the Aeromax dump truck with lockable rears and just stock front. Figure if it gets low on traction I can lock and still be able to have a good turning radius when not locked. Is that what you guys are doing?"

Cooper, if you haven't read through LMACKATTACKS build thread on his ten wheeler dump truck it will help you decide how to set up your dump. http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=7706
I drove this truck for about 2 hours at the RCTandC spring meet and had a blast. It would go just about anywhere in the sandy mixed dirt. I'm currently building a dump using a TLT front drive axle with a scale 72.5" tandem spread based on a Hendrickson walking beam suspension. The steer axle is locked and the rear rear drive is also locked. It will have a scale 19' bed. This was based on things learned from LMacks build and the spring meet in Ill.

We need more animal pictures in this thread!

Sorry forgot to say nice job on the Areomax! I like the color.

Last edited by TRUCKMAKER; 09-17-2014 at 06:06 PM.