View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Green Horn

gismow is on a distinguished road
Default Trailer for my Black Devil

Hi...

Now that my Black Devil is finished, I decided to modify my flatbed trailer to give him a corresponding trailer.

There are some modifications needed, because I want to test a powder coating and because of that all parts the must be painted must be of metal. So all plastic parts must be replaced.

The list of needed modifications:

- The plastic edges must be removed
- The front plate must be replaced by a new one. I hate the hole for the Tamiya lightning set and the edges must be filled if the plastic edges are removed.
- The plastic traverses for stabilization will be replaced by 8x8mm U.sections
- The side L-sections at the side must be replaced. The must be longer because of the removed plastic edges and the former existing side lights will be removed.
- The side light LEDs will be removed completely
- I must create a hole in the frame to hold a small box for the Beier electric module. It's a few millimeters to wide to fit between the frame parts.
- The black box below the frame will be removed completely.
- The rear light section will be replaced by the complete new construction. Actually I don't know what it will look like. I hope to get some ideas during the next time.
- The frame will get L-section holders between the frames to hold the battery and also to mount the underfloor light similar to the Black Devil.

This project will be a "time filler" project if the roadtrain stucks.

This is the actual state:

Because of the fact that the roadtrain project stucks (a screw tap is broken and I'm waiting for a new one)I started with the front plate replacement.

Here's the result

The gap will be closed by longer L-sections.

That's it at the moment...