View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 05:15 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Hi Tom, thanks for the compliment on the colours. And I better hope I still have enough of the red left for the trailer! Just found out the supplier no longer delivers the stuff Is what you get for going to live out here I guess ...

As for when it all will be ready??? Well today I finally got around to setting up the receiver and syncing it to the sender ... because I figured I didn't need to check the manual, I succeeded in completely erasing the data from the Arocs (and probably the Fumotec too) ... So stupid.

Well at least I got the new receiver sorted out (kind off)

Here some pics (at least I have to show something for the "disaster")

Hooked up the battery to the board and got a nice "zap" when I touched the contacts ...

So some electrical tape was on order

After the Arocs build I got me a decent crimper for the wires on eBay. So much easier to work with and less chance of short circuits because of stray bits of wire touching one another.

The set up for syncing the receiver and the transmitter.

In the interval between above and below picture I really succeeded in messing up the programming from the AROCS so I didn't get around to the fine tuning of the servos used in the truck.

At least I have some pictures that show how to sync the receiver and transmitter.

First you search for a new model

Once a model is discovered you assign it a memory location and start setting it up, starting with a name

You can also add a password if you like.

I then selected one of the pre-made configuration that are already programmed into the transmitter. This gives a good base to start from. The connection is then established.

Next up will be plugging in the servos in the right slots and fine tune the limits and dead points.