View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road
Default Metalworking tools!

There is no way I am posting a pic of my work area! Only a few have seen the kaos I call a shop! Would take 3 or 4 days just to clean up to be able to see the tabletops! Mini-mill, Taig mill, and South Bend lathe don't see much work these days. Both Sherline mills and lathes do the majority of my machining. 1 Sherline mill is suppose to be CNC but the computer died on it and I am not going to put more money into the computer on it. Main Sherline mill is over 15 years old with many upgrades- 8-way upgrade with DC motor and digital readout. Sherline lathe has 17" bed and DRO added. Other Sherline lathe is mainly used for backup as I trammed in the headstock to under .0001" runout to do precision work. I have too many of the Sherline acces. to list but I think Sherline has to have my name on it at the top of their mailing list! Only thing I really want for the lathe is a quick change tool post. Main problem is I would need over 10 tool holders for it plus their cutoff tool holder is not what I want as I use an upside down holder with great results.