View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: CAT CT660 in the shop today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Don't forget the large O & K, I mean Terex, Oh were they Bucyrus hydraulic shovel's that Cat bought, are listed with Cummins on the Cat website!
http://www.cat.com/en_US/products/ne...g-shovels.html Any of them that don't show a Cat engine are still Cummins powered.
Back to the truck's, Cat had a hissy fit and said No Cummins after treatment on Cat truck's, That's the dpf scr abortion emmisions control.
Cheer's, Neil.
There are 2 left with the Cummins engine's and it wont take to much longer and they will be CAT powered as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmackattack View Post
What I recal hearing is that cat " was out of the truck engine buisness".
IH teamed up with cat to try and save costs on the EPA regulated emission systems on new diesels. The thought was both would put in half the cost to build a better engine suppied in ih trucks. Around that same time cat trucks were in the came with the same engines found in ih trucks.
Sadly the emission issues dod not get sorted out as planned. I think the maxxforce engine may have had some development done by cat as well. All I know is that IH was having lots of trouble with engines and recently went back to offering cummins in their otr trucks. Not sure where cat stands today with their ct trucks or their relationship with IH?
Cat is still offering the truck but you are limmited to the C13 and I can garentee you the Cat truck will not have a Cummins in it.

We have some of the Cat trucks at work (MacAllister CAT) for delivery trucks 3 with the C15 before they got the ax and 2 with the C13.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11