View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 03:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I can run 999,999 lines of code in the mill. The issue I have been encountering is in design software. Well it’s not the design software it’s my hardware. I’ve been finding that my $200 computer has its limitations. It’s been fine for most of what I done so far with fusion 360. But some issues in past that I just assumed were my ignorance are revealing to be processing power of computer. Specifically the gpu or graphics driver. And having a lot of dimensions or model points intensifies the lack of kernels. So I’ve been working around that by using patterns and splitting some operations. Once it gets to the mill I’m good to go. So before long I guess I need to postpone the laptop and get a new desktop. Or a laptop that can handle the requirements. This machineing is a vicious circle of learning, spending, realizing how much I don’t know, having to learn, a bit more spending, more learning, ,,,, but before long I will be able to sit in my lawn chair with cooler next to me , a battery pack and transmitter , hide from the world and play in the dirt !!! That’s my therapy, r&r , vent, that makes it all worth while