View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 11:08 PM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3D Filament color match to Bruder

OKEEY-DOKEE, the Matterhackers spool of red arrived today, it's Pantone 3546 C. It's a nice red, but it's not really a close match. It's too something, bright might be the best word. It's more of a Radio-Flyer, little red wagon color. It's a nice color and I'll definitely make stuff out of it, just not the parts I want to make.

Looking at the Pantone color chart, the Pantone 3517 C color looks like it might be a good match. The only problem is that nobody makes a filament in that particular color. Pantone 199 C is darker yet, and also looked like a possibility. I even found vendors that offer that color. Unfortunately e-sun is one of those vendors and they call that color Fire Engine Red. Been there, ordered that, and I've got the spool in my stash of reds - it's too dark. Most of the "red" filaments appear to be close to if not the same color as Pantone 3546 C. I need something about halfway in between Pantone 3546 C and 199 C.

I stopped at the UPS store to find out how much it would cost to ship a 1 Kg package from my house to Berlin. I figured that if it wasn't too outrageous I'd go ahead and pull the trigger on a spool of Dahlia Yellow from 3DK.BERLIN. I knew it would be expensive, but almost $150 for shipping? I don't think so Tim. I'll swing by the post office sometime and see what their rates would be.

The search continues.

Don

Last edited by ddmckee54; 09-20-2021 at 11:14 PM.