View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey Cooper, can you limit travel via radio endpoint settings?
Cheers, Neil.
Not really, if the travel on the actuators is changed any the landing legs will still move as far as they are allowed. They are the least resistance between landing legs (trailer lift) and gooseneck lifting. And that changes depending on load. With no load on trailer the trailer will lift first then the neck goes up. With load on the neck goes up first then trailer. That's one of the pitfalls I ran into on this build. It looks simple but getting the right locations for pivot points was a challenge. I am working on cutting some 1/2" angle iron for stops. It may be the perfect solution as I have a large area to weld to the ibeams and the 1/2" side can rest against aluminum landing leg flat. More surface area to contact resulting is stronger support and they are only 1.75" so not adding much weight.

Just got done plowing / shoveling ice and snow since 5 this morning. I think I may go groundhog hunting this summer, completely wipe out groundhog Phil and his family!! Three more weeks of winter!! I'll show him three more hollow points of summer!!! I just hope all this snow and ice doesn't melt too fast as I may not get to the river lot till summer!! Some more coffee and hopefully some time to mill those stops for the trailer.