View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 05:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1950s FWD fire engine

If you like superheros, skip this one.
Personally i prefer REAL Heros such as our firefighterman, but to each their own.

So a while ago, my arch nemesis 'The Flash' struck my place, yet again. (I may or may not be some type of villan, but that's really beyond the scope of building my dad his old Fire Engine.)

Somehow my wifes Fatbike might have allegedly come into contact with the FWD in some manner, while i was at work. Which in theory could have had something to do with a many foot fall to the hardwood flooring. The Flash is a jerk. Just because you're "the fastest man in the world" doesn't mean you should terrorize people since they can't catch you..

All i know is the FWD is a little rough. The Officers-side fender boxes got ripped off, it broke some running boards, hosebed floor and hose load is missing, broke the red lens for the rotator. The suction lines are missing, and several external attachment clips missing. Also it really crushed the motivation i'd had for building the old rig.

The important part is that everyone involved was taken by ambulance and checked out, just minor injuries. The driver is ok, he'd already been through a war anyway. The dalmation is still pretty shaken up, but feeling better. One of the firemen on the tailboard is out on workmans comp, the other is wondering if it'd be safer to become a cop.

Since this took place while it was too cold to paint, it still hadn't made it out for cab paint. I've atleast started hitting it with plastic weld again. With any luck, soon it'll be back to about where it was a year ago.

Apparently i shouldn't have turned my extra rotator lenses from the ambulance into a Federal Q, and a Spotlight.

Know your escape routes. Stay safe out there. Especially if 'The Flash' is around.

---
Also i was looking at some alternate USA color schemes for fire trucks. Maybe it's the general area i work, but i kinda like seeing rigs painted Slime...
http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/t...-yellow-paint/
Key Lime or Sun Yellow might just work for something.

Last edited by frizzen; 10-10-2022 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Tease