View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 01:15 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

Thanks Cooper ..I was checking out your idea with the springs ..awsome idea and great work ..Its that first little step to get the canter going is the hardest and looks as though it helps ..so far with my design it seems to be working quite well ...i am using the 12 volt cyclinders and the 150 to 1 but not sure if its making much of a difference..So far its only the short little pup and i tried the box full of a box of batteries and chunky little vise.I made up a small 9 battery 10.5 volt AA 700mah pack to fit between the frame rails and managed to get 10 dump cycles out of it ...using the remote set up that they sell as well...I am getting pretty curious now so i may fill it full in the dirt pile and see what it does ...I started to make up some other peices for the truck hoist and am kindof holding back a little to see if this will be ok ..I may use a thinner guage aluminum for the frame so I can double up on the cyclinders ..Im sure that would help lengthen the life of these firgellis..So far I like them and they seem to work quite smooth ..Between the 2 of us im sure we will come up with some cool little hoists