View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 11:58 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

Thanks reg ..way too many projects and not enough parts ..short of axles and tires ..may have to mill up some matching trilex for the pup

[QUOTE=RCP57;113342]Wow Lou, when I first scrolled down and looked at the video's thumbnail, I was like how did he make that box so long....

Looks to be working very smooth and I like how quiet the actuator is. It looks like the latch is working right too! Where is the rest of the trailer though?[/QUOTE

Thanks ..The unit sits on top of the rails ..Its aproxamatley 1 inch thick ..I did it this way so the canter pivot point would have bit of a start ..with the way reg built the box sides down and the bed raised a little like you are thinking it works out good ..the sides go about 1/2 inch below the bed ..everthing is setting at a looks right height..i will take a few mockup pics on the pacific to give you some perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Looks good, I think I may have to double up also. I may even have the bed a tad bit higher on the inside to accommodate the twin drives. Leaving the sides extending down to conceal a higher bed bottom. I want to make it be able to dump a heaping over loaded bed. Not to say I'll always be overloading but never know. I'll have to look if I have enough room for twins. Lou, is your set up in the frame rails of just above them? And the mobile screening plant is awesome!!!