View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 12:09 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bruder Piggyback Forklift

Dayum, that came out well. Coupla things I hadn't thought of there, as I blithely assumed the front/fixed wheels would be the driven ones. In your pix, though, I see where there prolly isn't room for even an N20 (maybe a right angle one, maybe) to fit! Fitting one into the steer side is a trick.

Also, dayum on the TX. My beloved Flysky FSi6, even with the tweaked firmware, only goes to +/-120. 'Course I usually use Arduinos for servo stretchers/reversers, but in a conversion like this you just don't have the luxury of that kind of space. And yeah, modifying a 9g is brutal (no way at my age I could even see in there )

One thought on the fork tines drooping. I'd originally designed mine at maybe 100mm, which held fine, but didn't reach across the trailer. I then arbitrarily stretched them out to like 150mm. That let me drop a pallet onto the trailer, but deflected something fierce in doing so. I ended up doing a notch down the length and gluing brass rod in there

May or may not be applicable to your setup as mine's 100% 3D printed, and I think a bit bigger (== easier to fiddle with), but since you have the mill you might be able to route a channel down the bottom and fit some reinforcement in.

Finally, did the taillights come with the Bruder, and are they stickers or like translucent lenses or something?

-- A