View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 01:42 PM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbilt 6x6 Medium Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadranger View Post
Narrowed down, do the tires rub on the springs at full turn?
No, sir! Not even close, if I'm honest. The track width is narrower, but certainly not "narrow". It's still quite a bit wider than I'd prefer, but I think this is the best I'll be able to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler View Post
I'm surprised no one has told you to buy a 6 tooth pinion from rc4wd? I have them on both my kings and a 55turn integy and have no problem pulling trailers off road. Also on the axle get a set of spider gears and add one between the ones in the difference, that will lock the axle for full traction. A lot of us on here do that also with zero issues
You mean as opposed to the stock 10t? I haven't looked into regearing because I think the 2.6:1 with my Axial transfer case will be low enough. I can always look into regearing later, if need be.

Got a bit more work done. I removed all unwanted tabs from the axles to clean them up and also gain a bit more uptravel (in the rear axles). I also noticed the rear shocks were limiting downtravel so they're gone. Fronts were removed some time back. In addition, I drilled through the front TLT axle and secured it with some long screws.

On the bottom side I sacrificed a stock Hi-Lift spring to provide a bit more strength. It feels VERY secure now! You can also see some of the rough clean-up work I did on the axle. And yes, I know the hardware doesn't match. I need more panhead hardware in the correct length.