View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 06:09 PM

NRS91 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 6x6 Kenworth Day Cab (King Hauler)

So another little update:

I was trying to make a Chain Box with a print in place hinged lid but I wasnt able to get it working after 4 long attempts so I decided a change of tack was in order.
The "Chain" box now has a fixed base to secure the battery onto and a hole to run the ESC deans connector through.

This keeps the main battery leads all tucked under the cab floor neatly where they cant be seen

To get the ESC out of harms way but hidden under the bonnet I made a tray to carry it under the motor between the chassis rails, this picks up off two standard Globeliner bolt holes.

The shift servo was mounted above the standard servo mount to gain axle clearance and reduce the height difference between it and the raised transmission. The receiver will be double sided taped to the top of the steering servo which will keep it all neatly under the bonnet!

The finished result of the chain locker battery box, doesnt look too out of place and keeps the batt accessible. I will need to reprint the base as its warped a little!