View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road
Default 1/16 Oliver Dozer Conversion

I thought I would start a new thread for my Oliver Dozer Conversion.

I took it out to the Pike Steam show, but it was basically a NO SHOW for the poor little thing. I had a problem with the blade control servo and the Pololu gear motors. So, I was about to start a dozer from scratch but decided to give the Oliver one more shot. I had a HiTec 225 servo on the bench and decided to see if I could make two of them work driving direct. If had to chop off more of the undercarriage and make a new set of brackets for the new servo motors.

I also decided to gut the servos so they are not really servos now, I took out the pot and use a ESC for each servo. I have not had much luck yet with converting servos without having them creep, so this method eliminates that problem.

There are other build photos in my original post that started out as a 1:50 dozer conversion.

Here is the first dirt bench test video! I either need a lower speed and higher torque servo, and or I need to tune the TX a bit more so I have smoother and slower control. If I slow down the end points much more then I don't get enough power. Stay tuned as I play with it some more.

http://youtu.be/GSbPNjdWb1U

Jim