View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:41 AM

Southgate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/25 6 Axle Lattice Crane

Fair enough question, considering the train layout is in most of the crane pictures. It is HO scale, and runs all the way around the room when I put the duckunder across the doorway. The room is about 10x20 feet. The workbenches are under the layout.

Looking at the crane sitting on layout deck;

And below the layout:

I had been working slowly on the RR layout for a few years, but progress halted when I started on the crane 6 years ago, something I've wanted to build since I was about 20. The RR is supposed to be mid 60s on the Oregon coast (where I grew up) Southern Pacific. The layout is in operating condition, but no scenery, obviously. Progress will resume when I fairly complete the distraction at hand. I only model in 1/24-1/25 and 1/87
Thank You for asking. Dan. (other Dan)

PS. I just got home from work where I used their heated space to paint some more on the crane. Most all the styrene bodywork is now painted. I suffered casualties on the earlier painting session. For some unknown reason, some of the LEDs failed in the tail light section. I'm stumped as to why, but I tore 'em all out (it wasn't a pretty picture, I was REALLY mad!)and will wire in new ones asap.

Last edited by Southgate; 01-21-2013 at 02:50 AM.