View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 06:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: They're just dying to get in here...

I haven't found a donor yet, but if i can find a suitable body a funeral coach is absolutely something i'd like to build! Just need to track down a 1/14 scale styrene 1950s to early 1990s fullsize 4 door car suitable to make into a landau style 3-way or endloader.

A cemetery could probably use some support equipment like a backhoe or baby excavator, a flatbed with a headstone gantry.

Thought it might be a good way to take up some extra floor space at a show that looks kinda empty, and with these coming back into season it's a good time to share it with everybody.

----
I thought i had my donor Funeral Coach!

If you sell a "1/14 scale car", it should generally be *somewhere* around 1/14 and not slightly smaller than a true 1/18 scale diecast of a cadillac professional chassis!

A "1/14 scale" 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Futura Duplex
Vs 1/18 scale 1959 Cadillac Superior Crown Royal Landau 3-way

How can i build a 23 foot long, 7 foot wide retired Professional Car of awesomeness out of this little guy?

I'll give them the wrong grill and bumpers, i'll give them the '60 fins on a '59, i'll even give them the tiny interior surrounded by a HUGE door round-over. But just say that it's 1/18 or 1/20 scale.

Last edited by frizzen; 03-20-2018 at 05:20 PM. Reason: The car... what happened to the car?