View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 03:19 PM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1:10ish Reach Stacker for "conex" cargo containers

dremu:

I know what yopu mean about long-term projects, I started my Manitou build in November, 2019. I know what you mean about fuzzy memories. I started posting that project on another forum, so I can go back and get some idea of "What the **** was I thinking?"

I've done a lot of 3D design work on the Manitou and printed out some prototype parts - testing to be sure they'd work. If I printed out enough parts, and did enough cutting and hacking on the lower chassis half, I could make a rolling chassis at this point. I've got the Arduino Nano clone controlled lights working on a breadboard. About that time I had a brain-fart about a servo controlled switch that I could use to switch 1 ESC between multiple motors, instead of using 8 channels for just the leveling feet. It would've worked... but I never really liked that idea anyway - too clunky.

Then I discovered "Mick thebass" and his youtube channel, that guy can really pack 10 pounds into a 5 pound sack! He got me wondering how much of the work I could make the Arduino handle. Then the Devil put the thought in my head that I could make the Arduino auto-level the crane on command.

This RC conversion stuff is a REALLY, REALLY, deep rabbit hole isn't it?

Don

Last edited by ddmckee54; 09-10-2021 at 03:23 PM.