View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 05:35 PM
Green Horn

mavrick0 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Additional Lights & Wireless Lights

I've used the OB1 on several builds. Once paired they stay paired. It's when you want to run it with a different trailer that you'll have to pair it to that trailer. The OB1 will allow you to use a lot more lights on both the tractor and trailer. Because you are using an MFC you'll need the OB1 designed for the MFC. This is a good thing as they are cheaper then the stand alone until because the MFC is the brains for the OB1. As for lights staying on the ss-tronix does the same. What you can do with any system is put in a micro switch into the plate of the trailer where the 5th wheel sits that turns power on and off for the system. I've done this as well to my ss-tronix and 0B1 systems.

As for the landing gear you'll need to use the Tamiya setup with the OB1. Not the cleanest looking setup but it'll work.

If you are just looking to add simple lights without turn signals or brake lights etc then you can simply use a pico switch that is controlled by a switch on the transmitter and will turn on and off the extra lights you want.