View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Wannabe

kingbob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Movie Optimus Prime build

Hey all, i'm back!

Been a hectic few months for me work-wise and just havent had time to do anything to the truck. But i've actually had some free time this week, and given how close the trailer is to being finished, i'm on a roll getting bits done so I can finish it off and declare the whole project done!

The trailer in the pic above is still like that, buit actually screwed together now, basically just the front and rear to do. Last weekend i made up the wiring for the rear end (brakes, reversing, indicators), and ran it through to the front panel. I then took the truck apart because i needed to wire in some cables to pass the signals to the trailer. Only using 6 wires, ground, brake, reverse, left, right, and one for the running lights, so its easy to hookup.

Or so i thought. Checked it all, went over the wiring, all correct, but the **** thing wouldnt work! Then i realised i used a 4 pole plug in a 3 pole socket, they werent connecting properly! Relaced the plug, and re-tested, still nothing!

Went back to basics, got the multimeter out, and started testing from the lighting unit... and it turns out the **** thing is common positive, not common ground. Darn thing is a$$ backwards! Will re-wire it tomorrow, and put it all back together.

With a little luck, i can have the trailer done before the end of trhe weekend! Thats my aim anyway!