View Single Post
Old 07-26-2023, 06:38 PM
Green Horn

Zabco is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NW Ohio RC Truck & Construction Show June 9 & 10, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry56 View Post
Thanks for the hint... good to know about the files. I was a little worried about how it would look printed but yours looks really good so at least I know the model is good..
Any idea of what the date on the updated files are mine is a hora file date 12/30/2019
Jerry - just to make sure we are talking about the same files, the designer who made the model I built goes by the name "Alpha Centari" (sic). His updated files are dated 1/17/23. The date you cite for your files is too early for even his original files.

Like any 3D printed model it takes a ton of post-processing to prep the body for paint. What I do is coat the body with automotive glazing putty to fill in the gaps between layers and then sand with 120 grit. After that it's primer/filler and sand, primer/filler and sand till body looks good then start working through 220, 320, 400 grit using plain primer between each. Then wet sand 600 and 1000 grit. Finally spraying several coats of paint doing a 1000 grit wet sand between each coat. I also put a clear coat on this model doing two coats with a wet sand after first and leaving 2nd coat as gloss finish. I used Krylon spray paint. The color scheme I used is modeled after a photograph of a B-61 that I found on the internet. (Seems like I spent months searching for information about these Macks on the internet.)