View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 12:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1972 AMC Matador - Police

Chassis layout.
Siren is a black chip, speaker, push button. It now has its own control servo since i wasn't feeling like trying to make a control circuit. Power tapped off the RX bus with 2 pin servo lead. Knocked together a styrene switch holder, bonded to servo case, set the epa to lightly go clicky. Toggle switch D down/up to advance through settings

On/off switch is mounted in the package tray. Fwd is on.
Body lights on th channel, up is on
Roof lights on sw B, down is on. This way car turns on dark, light controls come together for On

Cox boat anchor

The spring on the crankshaft starter knob is a worm gear for the spur gear that floated on the original hex axle, a switch let you mesh or clutch the engine

--
I kinda think i'd like to deviate from screen accurate with the roof lights. Adam 12 had the Reds turn on solid, but now days wig-wag is better understood and is a whole lot better at getting attention.

Someone i work with is trying to convince me to get a couple digital sound recorders so i can throw a servo on the rudder channel to let me have some selectable 'radio traffic'. Maybe one being dispatched out on a run and the unit acknowledging, with the other marking back in service?

Last edited by frizzen; 05-24-2019 at 05:50 PM.