View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 10:08 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tires for conversions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmckee54 View Post
Blame it on an obviously miss-spent youth, hanging around with the "wrong" type of people.
I, err, was going for "roll your own tires" because tires roll. I have no idea to what else you might reefer, err, refer Dave's not here, man. =))

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmckee54 View Post
I've been looking for tires in the 75-77mm OD range that I'll need for another Bruder conversion that's in the works. I don't want to have to spend more for just the tires than I'll have invested in all of the rest of the conversion - just don't seem right.

Don
Yeah, it gets frustrating, especially when, as you pointed out in another post, you want a specific size AND a specific tread pattern. Oddly, I found a bunch of cheap Tamiya-style tires that are what I want for the rears of a project, but can't find matching tires a bit shorter in diameter for the tags, and nothing even close for front super singles, grrr.

Of course now I'm knee-deep in trying to CAD the tread Just So, and it's making my head hurt figuratively (sorting the geometry of the tread) AND literally (poor eyesight.)

We enjoy this hobby, right? =))

-- A