View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 10:35 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

Yes, it does take a lot of specialized equipment to grain farm, and I really just have the basic without much perks.... my farm is getting too small ($$$$$$) to keep up with the latest greatest technology that caters to farms 3 - 5 times bigger than me.

The DEF software reset, the mechanic does it with his specialized laptop, and in some cases, like when he changed a DEF module Sunday afternoon, he needed a password to get into software download, and that came from some one in the southern USA... we sat there about an hour twiddling our thumbs waiting for that to happen, probably would've happened quicker if it were any day but Sunday

Managed to go all day yesterday without problem, but today @4pm I get a red window "STOP - clean grain elevator rpm too slow"... get to looking to see where lies the problem & realize an 8 foot x 2" shaft snapped in half... not really a big deal to change, but it's something unusual to break & the local dealership's quick search before closing revealed maybe the closest part either being in Nebraska or Indiana I hope they find something closer tomorrow morning & maybe get my combine back before 5pm...

If not, find out what it costs to rent one if it's gonna take a week to fix mine.

Peas are ready now... a week from now & peas get too ripe, they will start shelling in the field if it's windy & will shell really bad while trying to cut them. A week from now could add up to 10% loss, maybe more - 200ac x 70bu/ac avg yield x $9 = $12 500 in losses approx, not to mention all that might volunteer next yr & be considered a weed in my durum in 2017's crop yr.

So, maybe by 9am my dealership will know what's what & I can make a decision what to do next to get back in the field asap... no matter what it's gonna be a pricy hiccup.

Joe