Thread: KH Beam Hauler
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 08:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: KH Beam Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabco View Post
Components used for securing loads do NOT have to be marked with their working load limits as do components used for hoisting/lifting loads (completely different set of regulations). However if not marked, there are tables in the FMCSA load securement rules that give maximum allowable loading based on size and type of material. Rules also give guidance based on type and size of load and type of vehicle it is being carried on what is required in type, number and positioning of tie-downs. If you are a bit familiar with what is required in the real world and know what real world size of components are then it isn't too hard to come up with scaled components that look correct. In truth, if your sample tie down link is for what I think you are trying to do it will probably scale up to much larger than needed in real world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Heh, i hope Skeeter and Zabco don't build police interceptors so they can go looking for violations at shows. Then after that someone'll make an OSHA figure or Mine Safety guy...

Do the truck enforcement guys over there in the UK use station wagons to haul the extra truck checking equipment, or were they running normal cop cars to harass you?

(Bring donuts, the guy with a cop car will want to eat them and will drive less to avoid getting donut glaze on the remote)

As someone not involved in trucking or hauling, I might try to put aside handle on the turnbuckle so it looks more like a ratcheting load binder.
Yes, I did heavy haul in Europe for thirty years, so I know what's needed over there. I also over secured all my loads for a piece of mind. Never had a law enforcement person complain. However, it's hard to find the scale stuff that looks and works well. And yes a handle is coming for the turnbuckle, just need to make some decent ones. Thank You Guys for the input, It.s fun to have guys that take their time to interact.