View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 04:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Today i messed with the front end loader a bit more. I found I had to modify the hood a bit so that it would close with the Sabertooth 2X5 being tucked into the engine compartment. I also found that with the CUSTOM boom cylinder mounts that I used, I'll have to modify the bucket a bit. Rather then 3D print &/or mod the stock plastic bucket, I'll be attempting to make one from sheet aluminum.

Here's the pic showing the mod to the hood. I used the Dremel tool with the "FAST TOOL" to do the mods. I just had to shave a little from the hoods underside.
unnamed (65) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I was able to test (SORRY I didn't have the opportunity to video it) this thing today, & everything works. The Traxxas 1/16 Slash battery is a little small for this operation. 4 drive motors, with 3 actuators needs more then the 1200MAH battery can provide. Additionally, EVERYTHING in this model is equipped to handle at least 12 volts. More volts = more power Once my batteries FINALLY get here on the SLOW boat from China, I'll be building a 12V 1800MAH battery pack for this thing.

Last edited by skeeter; 11-19-2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typos, of course