Thread: Zil 130 Thing
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 01:19 PM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zil 130 Thing

Well, I think I have a bit of good news. I did some experimenting with the assortment of Lipos I've got and came up with a solution....I think. I'm pretty confident I can fit a battery and speaker under the hood, but I'll need to get smaller batteries. Not really too big of a deal since the battery will be super easy to replace, as needed. I'll likely end up with just a 1500 mah 3s so we'll have to see what kind of run time I get out of it. I suspect it'll be reasonably long enough, but I can always revisit it down the road is more capacity is needed. I can also easily fit a 2200mah 2s if I want to castrate the poor motor. But regardless, no external box will be needed whatsoever and I really like that idea!

So I "fabricated" some super high end speaker box mounts and taped them to the firewall. These may get glued if the tape doesn't hold.

Then I taped the speaker box to the brackets. The box and brackets are angled downward to allow clearance under the hood and the speaker box is just barely not touching the motor.

And here is where the battery will go. I'll need to locate the rx somewhere, but I'm less concerned about that since it's pretty small.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.