View Single Post
Old 06-10-2023, 11:26 AM
Journeyman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cable Shovel Build

I made some progress on the drum assembly... I started this part almost 2 weeks ago just took me a while to get it posted...
I started this before I saw the drawings for the Buckeye clipper so my drums aren't configured exactly correct but I was already well into it before I saw the drawings plus I had cut the cab so there was no turning back....
I cut 2 pieces of aluminum sheet to match the angle of the cab and notched the back to get over the slew motor..

Then kind of sketched out where I hoped my drums would land... I kind of used the layout of frizzens Michigan crane and 3d printed my drums to approx the same size

I'll bolt up a couple pieces of aluminum angle to the front edges so I can bolt them down.

I printed some spacers for the servos I'm going to use so I could space them back a little

When I printed the drums I put a 3mm recess in one end to center the round servo horn... the made the through hole about 6mm. so I could get a screw a
through it to screw it to the servo

6mm just happens to be the size of the ball connectors I'm using to support the other side of the drum.. I talked to Scott (smallhaul) at cabin fever and he didn't think I needed the off side support but I was chicken and added them anyway I'll re-evaluate before I do my cranes.

It all fit together like I hoped, which was a surprise

Now I just need to print some pulleys and figure out how I want to mount them on the boom and bucket.