View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 10:51 AM
Journeyman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cable Shovel Build

Frizzen... I plan on a micro servo slipped in the dipper arm, I'll 3d print a latch similar to the orginal-ish and just pull it with some "cable" with either gravity or a spring to help push it back in to latch it...
I've been experimenting with boom hoist and dipper arm cable configurations and so far the drums have worked pretty well...just using cotton string it seems to wrap on the drums pretty even..
9W Monighan ... the sheaves are my biggest problem, I've tried several different designs and these are the ones I dislike the least not happy with them but they seem to work... I have found some different ones with a better cable groove (for lack of a better term) But I need to remix them to get the size and style I want... I wanted a more spoked look but I'm not great at using tinkercad so I went with the holes. the groove in these new one more closely match the ones you posted.....

One other question for anybody following... is the Buckeye Clipper in the pictures a pure white or do you think it's more of an off white.
I'm going to attempt the swoosh on either side, it looks like it might wrap around the back but I can't find any pictures of the back of the cab. I may just end it at the edge of the side...