View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/16 Scale Barn and yards.

Thanks, the wife helped. There are about 800 corn stalks there, all of which have 3 ears on them that she painted yellow and then she put the tassels on each one. They then go on s holder that holds 10 stalks. She also built all the trees and the flowers.

The pasture fence I made out of .020 and .040 brass rod. I made a jig and soldered every piece.

The roof on the barn is real cedar shingles that I made in strips about 3" long and attached with glue.

It's hard to see in the pictures (of course you CAN see it in person Paul) but the pasture is complete with plenty of cow pies.

This is what it looked like before we re-did it.

the barn was in bad shape. In fact it fell apart on the way home so i had to piece it back together. The silo was just bare right out of the model kit, looked plastic as he!!.. The Quonset hut was the same way.

The only thing we did not touch was the house.

Any way thanks. Sorry to hyjack the thread Paul.

-Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive