View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 01:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Trying to do this on the Cheap

Yeah jerry, did i ever mention i might have Project Attention Deficit Disorder? Hey lets go ride bikes...

The Ford has moved under its own power, so at least i know the RC Unibody conversion works. Bunch of stuff to finalize though. The magnetic and conductive part helps prevent lazy body and electrical work.

I don't know much of anything about woody wagons, they went out of production 30+ years before i came around. I also don't know the Surfer-culture that picked them up as used and redefined these things. I get the Hotroders, Resto-mod, and Factory restore stuff, this one just isn't about that life. So I'm open to tips, ideas, and corrections as we go along.

I'm having trouble learning much about what was a Period-Correct level of Accessories vs the Modern Carshow-style that often looks like a restored JC Whitney catalog puked all over it. May have to break down and watch a whole bunch of the 1960s 'Beach Party Movies' for research.

Any idea what's missing from the top-rack? The longboard looks a bit lonely up there.

I'm also still not sure what level of Neglect the car needs. It's a nicer steel body than i could make, but it's still really best to keep the eyes moving with this one.

This is about the nicest looking tutorial on making a Painted Woodie/Woody panels that i've found
http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/t...station-wagon/

I'm pretty good with this grubby Blue that i have no touch-up paint for, but there are some really sharp Green or Grey wagons out there. Ya know, for as sexy as a 9-passenger Station Wagon gets.