View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 04:51 PM
Green Horn

Wombii is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scania airport fire truck

Magnet mount for the water tank section.

Workaround to get the rear crossmember at the right height compared to the body. The frame rails are too high because of reasons I no longer remember. The plan is to also use it as a mount in a transport case if I ever get around to making one.

More side facing work lights. They all worked right after building them, but one broke while the glue fully cured a week later. I should probably get a cheap USB microscope to check these fragile 2835 LEDs for damage after soldering.

I've also been doing some work on the rear storage compartments. The right one now contains a mini-usb that serves as both 5v supply in display mode and programming connection for the Arduino. Two switches selects USB or battery power for the Arduino and USB or BEC power for the low power LEDs.

And hopefully done with the soldering on the main circuit board.

I'm completely rebuilding the RM60C roof monitor / water cannon / turret. This time I'm trying to get as close to scale as possible. Simple hinge mechanism located as close to the center as possible to replicate the way it lowers and rises with the pitch motions. I've really been struggling with figuring out how to make this work. I was hoping to fit both the rotation and pitch servos, but even after downsizing to 3.7g servos I've ended up with moving the rotation servo to the roof to keep the scale size of the monitor body. There just isn't room in there for both of them with that hinge, lights and the stiff nitro fuel line.

Video of pitch movement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy_qYI0ExHk

Bonus picture

Last edited by Wombii; 01-27-2019 at 04:59 PM.