View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 10:11 PM
Green Horn

Wombii is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scania airport fire truck

Finishing up the rear fenders. Side marker light should hopefully work with a 3mm LED, no fiber optics.

5mm warm white LEDs in the monitor.

Got another two boxes of yellow paint. This batch still doesn't fully match the first two, but it's less green than box 3. I also got the correct plastic primer which I'll be testing both alone and in combination with the Tamiya primer. Tried spraying it, and it's tricky to ensure good covering of a clear spray on white plastic.
Painted the pump section with yellow paint on white Tamiya primer.

This is very much not a scale feature, but I'm cheating a bit and making a carrying handle. It shouldn't be too obvious hidden in the other mess on the roof, and it will make it a lot less scary to move the thing.

Final image is a follow up on an earlier test. Tamiya TS-63 Nato black and TS-82 Rubber black. Bottom half was no clear coat, top half Motip clear coat. On top of that is a stripe of Tamiya Flat clear crossing both parts. Observations: Nato black is more green, rubber black is more blue. The glossy clear coat makes them look much darker and closer in color. Tamiya flat clear on top of the glossy clear returns them to their natural look, but flat clear on top of the "raw" paint adds slightly more light gray.

In the last week I've started to feel I have a chance of actually finishing this someday. My todo list fits on one page now.