View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 01:12 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1:10 Land Rover Defender 4x4, mini tow rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Very nice looking Series!
It might be worth it to reprint the "bonnet" with a recess to lower the spare?

I dunno about blackout windows, with a little rearranging it looks like you could get an interior fitted.

On that 'beef lo-mein' trailer hitch, i was able to get mine to latch down with some file work. I can't get latching up until i find a hair spring that'll fit. Not worth the work until i get better bumpers for the scx10...
Crap, didn't think of recessing the spare. That woulda worked nicely. Unfortunately the bonnet & wings aren't removable as the whole body is glued/painted as one. (The snorkel glues both top & bottom, and the body mounts are at the ends, which in retrospect might have been shortcuts.)

But I suppose with some careful Dremel and file work I could cut out a cylinder, then either print or fab a bottom... now ya got me thinking.

Good to see I'm not the only one using the generic Axial hopup parts, and not the only one who found the fitment ... eh, leaving something to be desired? For the price though really one can't complain, and as you say they can be tweaked as required for any given purpose.