View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 03:16 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

That snow along with some rain mid week added up to a good bit moisture to get the crop off to great start... and I guess the world market thought so too b/c everything dropped 30% last week.

I found a cnc water jet guy about an hr from my house & he's willing to work with me to cut out parts for my rc's... last Friday I got all the sheet cut for my next trl, + a new set of doors for my 1st cross dump, the one that is painted & always bind when closing. Get the welding done this week maybe to see that everything fits together properly & be testing 3 trls together on the wkend... if no changes needed, put in an order for 5 more cross dumps.

And I put a bug in his ear to draw up clam dump trls... I've got an article from a plastic model magazine from the 90's that showed step by step with measurements to build in 24th scale, my yellow clam dump BTrain for Tamiya semi was patterned from that article.

Got some dry dirt hauled out of basement last couple weeks, something to screen & crush on rainy days.

Soaked up another area in the basement a week ago, another week of drying & it could be prime for digging without being too muddy & sticky... spread a layer of rock chip over it so the tracks don't get gummed up with clay.

My next dirt work project has been canned or maybe postponed till this covid bullshyt pandemic goes away & construction costs somewhat normalize again, so for now I'm just gonna go deeper in the basement, take clay out & put gravel back in just to keep the fleet moving & somewhat interesting...

Got a bobtail load of what I thought/wanted was pea gravel last week, now I realize what I should've ordered was rock chips...I've tried running this through my crushers, my big crusher won't close enough to break it much & small crusher takes forever b/c it's such hard rock... so this pea gravel will mostly be spread throughout my yard & some will go in deep in the basement & rock chip will be the final cover, 30 cubes from now.

Joe