View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 08:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bruder D5 1 day build

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotit View Post
i just got a order in for the tracked loader,$460 deep in cost between the controller,tx,gear boxes,linear actuators...ect.hopefully that one goes smooth.
i tested a longer teeth d5 set today,every other tooth has to stay the same length as your buddy designed.....but even on loose track that are stretched rarely ever slips,stalls the motor instead when it gets in a bind.
once i tweak it ill get you that stl.you need it with hubs for tamiya gearbox or something else?

on the delta loader,i just installed 2 16mm gear motors in mine to save room over the tamiya gearbox route.im verry happy with speed and power.....plus $8 shipped for both gearmotors hard to beat.
ill get a pic of that tomorrow,top end still in peices and need work.
I would LOVE to have it in the original design, if you don't mind. I designed mine to use a servo hub from robotshop.com that bolts into that hub. I've experimented with lengthening the teeth with zip ties glued into the teeth. I glued them in with a skip tooth method.......glue one tooth, skip the next, glue another....................so on & so forth. I found it worked well. What DIDN'T work too well, is that the zippies are too fragile & break off &/or wear down very quickly.