View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 6X6 Quarry Dump Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmackattack View Post
I can measure where I drilled the holes when I get home next week. Send me a PM on Thursday if you want the info from my truck. I think I used one of the three stock trunnions holes on the frame rail for the pivot point of the lift then just drilled one hole in the bed floor for the other end of the lift. The screw drive pushes and the lift unfolds and moves pretty quick as you have seen. I got lucky that the lift tucked I between the axles and did not interfere with suspension travel. I think you will have plenty of room to work with.
Thanks for the offer on the dimensions Lmack, I was going to take you up on it but realized that it wouldn't help since I made my own chassis which is longer than the King Hauler and my bed is longer. I've got it mounted, still need to mount and wire the motor and test it. I think I got a little under 45 degrees on the body which isn't good but if I move it back any farther I don't think it will lift a loaded body. It's not a big deal to me I'll just change things around till I get what I want. If it works well but looks like Swiss cheese when I'm done I'll just go to the aluminum pile and grab a couple sticks and redo the rails.