View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 07:42 PM
Green Horn

Wombii is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scania airport fire truck

I should have laid out all the wiring before installing it for some photos

The cab is now a slightly different shade of yellow, even though everyone told me not to risk ruining it with another coat from the newer paint can. Fortunately very happy with the results.

Accelerometer for roll over alarm connected to an Arduino that acts emulates a bunch of telemetry sensors, transmitting voltages, water tank level and accelerometer value to transmitter.

Middle distribution board mostly populated

Main board in the back with most of the wiring done. Missing the wires for the light mast and sound module.

Fully wired tail end. It looks a bit messy because I make sure to leave enough slack in case of future repairs or modifications.

Detailing the shutter doors

Ceiling:
Glued in some LEDs above the ceiling panel and soldered them up. Looks a bit messy, but it works.

Yellow dome lights when it's parked:

Red map reading lights:

Painted the roof platform TS-17 gloss aluminum:

Simple but very effective mod for the cheap chinese light buckets. Styrene tube painted with Molotow liquid chrome helps with the rotating beacon illusion.

Made one more piece for the side steps and got them painted. The hanging front steps are fastened with a small bit of paperclip so they can easily be popped off.