View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 10:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Well...................I was disappointed when I awoke this morning. While I was sleeping, the 3D printer ran out of filament. It was SO CLOSE. I awoke to use the bathroom, & saw it had an hour & a few minutes left on the print. I was happy it was going smoothly. I managed to get the print times down from a little over 5 hours down to 4.5 hours. I knew I'd have another part when I awoke. Since I smacked the snooze button too many times this morning, I didn't have time to do much, but get ready for work. When I got home, I see this gut wrenching sight
20170905_191102 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I ran out of filament while printing this part. So close, yet so far away. Too bad I don't know of a way to pick up the printing process where it was left off.

Since I'm a bit of a tight @ss, I bought the LARGE spool of filament, & re-wind the smaller spool that came with the printer. 10 minutes after starting, my spool was full again, & I reloaded it into the machine. I just retrieved the finished part as I was typing this. Since I type SLOW (ONLY 4 fingers, 2 from @ hand) it takes me a bit to complete a typing task. She's callign DINNER TIME........have to go for now. I'll write more later