View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 09:53 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bruder Piggyback Forklift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabco View Post
Actually I have played around with Arduinos and Raspberry Pis since the Arduino Duemilanove board came out. I just don't think that there is room inside the lift for even a nano sized board. The nano has a 30mA limit per pin so even with just 2 LEDs on a circuit you might need to also incorporate a switching transistor besides the resistors. I used a RasPi Zero as the basis for my portable message sign that I built a couple of years ago. I recently acquired some arduino nano clones that have packet radio capability that I am going to try to integrate into another project that I'll post up if it works out. I would really love to see some one do one of these piggyback conversions and be able to incorporate lighting, just not going to be me at this time.
Apologies, one of these days I'll learn to check for previous experience before I go frothing off at the mouth. Might be a little Arduino happy :|

Wrt the current limit, though, I just drive one LED per pin, and haven't had any trouble at 20mA. Cuts down on component count, but as you say, room is still at a premium. I know Adafruit has their Trinket line that are tiny, or maybe you could just use a bare '328 chip, but then you need a voltage regulator and at least a connection to program it ... ugh.

Anyway, I'll stop going off topic, and just say wow. I'm particularly interested in the limit switches as I wanna do something similar for a telescoping column for another project and I have a box of those very switches awaiting the time and work.

-- A