View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

All right fellas, just a few pictures to prove the Kenworth hasn't been put on the back burner completely, even though the summer weather makes it harder to stay indoors, and hide by the workbench.

I've been playing around with electronics on the truck. There is a lot to fit, and after trying a lot of different combinations, and arrangements, I've settled on this one. It's the only one that lets me fit everything in place, halfway decent, and still get the cab on.

It looks like a mess right now, but I'm going to do my best to tidy things up. Nothing is permanent yet. I will be shortening all the wires I can, and securing them with zip ties or something better.

Speaker in the front, under the hood (should be great hearing the engine in the right spot), battery pack behind it, centered up, and my Servonaut M20+ on one side of the battery, and the Servonaut SMX on the other. I also have to fit the Servonaut infrared trailer transmitter and my radio receiver on the truck, and these will most likely be mounted underneath the cab, because they are small enough to fit well there.