View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 10:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

I made some improvements to RCland the last few weeks. With the addition of the Faroe loader, the bunker area needed modified. The old area worked GREAT for the Bruder tracked loader conversion, that has a ZERO turn radius. The Faroe loader needed a bit more room to be able to maneuver. Where the Eco blocks are on the LHS of the pic, that's where the area use to end. I relocated the road a bit so I could do this.
unnamed by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

The OLD grizzly system was too small for the Faroe loader! It was alright height wise at the entryway, but the rear was a lil too short. Additionally, the old grizz wasn't wide enough. Every time the loader would feed the grizz, materials would fall over the side(s). I HAD to make a new grizz. The new grizzly does tricks too. New grizz is half again as wide, & half again as deep, with openings between the bars TWICE as big as the old version!

Since I'm no mathematician, I had to draw the design out, BEFORE I could order material to go farther. Once it was drawn out, then I could figure out how many grizzly bars I needed to make er happen.
New grizzly by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Once the grizz was put into place, I decided that the hoe tha usually feeds the grizz needed to sit above the plant. This way WAY bigger loader could enter the plant to keep er cleaned out. The hoe was sitting on the floor level, & slightly protruding past the grizz entryway. I guess I need to make a retaining wall to make this new vision come to life!
New Grizz2 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Now the hoe has a place to sit near the grizz, without being in the way of the BIG loader! I figure the hoe can feed, PLUS the loader has access the unsupported slope of the pile. That way the loader can help feed the grizz too!

The new grizz will be the ONLY grizz in this processing plant! Bye Bye to the other 2 grizzlies that use to sit next to the primary one! Now we just gotta work on getting a vibrating screen deck. HOPEFULLY if all goes well, we'll have a screener to farther separate the materials. Of course with a screen deck comes conveyors.............................This simple lil redesign of the Grizzly area just turned into a MAJOR project!