View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 02:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Structo dumptruck conversion

The tamiya leaf spring i gave p/n for in beginning are 0.260" wide, mains were 4.5" eye to eye, and have several helper springs available. forward got cut down to 2.3" eye to eye, both got a helper spring. I'd like shorter rear springs to push the axle a little further back, it now sits between the original tandems.

On mine rear shackle is .700 eyes, mounted aft side of spring. Front shackle i just used some bike chain outer link plates to get it together for indy, also mounted aft side. The shackles should be close to vertical but pointing toward the axle at rest. Set your fixed eye to center the axle, then shackle length tunes the spring rates. (Ignore the lightning holes in my frame, they were for testing)

For dumping i'm still planning a figreli / actuonics unit. I got confused trying to make sence of what i needed, and instead spent the actuator budget building a VW bus so i could operate 3 machines at the show.

Loader isn't powered other than the hand crank, but maybe somewhere down the road. I'd like to do a belt drive with a generator hiding components.