View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 04:29 PM

Orange RC Works is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/10 Oshkosh M1070 A0 (3D Printed/Scratchbuilt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmckee54 View Post
I've got a couple of questions for you. You're using about a Gazillion fasteners on your stuff and a lot of them appear to be going into plastic parts. What are you using for fasteners and where do you get them? Are those sheet metal screws, or machine screws and nuts? What size are they?

I know you're working in 1/10 scale, and I'm working in 1/16 so it's kind of like comparing Apples and Oranges... I've got a butt-load of M3 stuff from working on my 3D printers, but it looks kinda big in 1/16 scale. And M2 seems soooo tiny, let alone anything smaller.

Don
Yeah, for my projects which i decided to be all just 1/10, its M3 for most of it, because im familiar already with the tolerances and allowances for the holes and the hex hole for the nut and if i assume that something does not really need to be taken off everytime, i just screw it in the plastic but for the most part, i use a nut embedded on the plastic with a hex hole so i dont have to hold it with a pliers when getting tightened... for smaller parts, i use M2.5 sometime with nut and sometimes just screwed in the plastic...and a few places i use M2 usually screwed in to the plastic. i set the big hole at 1.1mm and the small hole at 0.9mm...for m2.5, 1.35 for the big hole and 1.15 for the small hole... for M3, 1.65 for the big hole, and 1.35 for the small if i want it screwed in to the plastic... for a 1/16 build, i would say M2.5 for most fastened parts... not too big and not too small... for some smaller parts, you can use M2.... i just buy them off amazon in the hundreds from a seller named uxcell at around 7-9 bucks for most sizes of 100 pieces packs.