View Single Post
Old 12-24-2022, 02:13 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/10 Oshkosh M1070 A0 (3D Printed/Scratchbuilt)

Yep, as Frizzen pointed out, tracked vehicles are manageable if you mix the channels -- my FlySky FSi6 did it easy enough.

As for the M1000, you either do a mechanical scaling so the front axles steer @ 100%, the next set at 90%, the next at 80% (or whatever), adjusting a bazillion tierods ... or you do it electronically. I think servo scalers used to be a thing, but being a nerd I did it with an Arduino and a giant servo controller.

The nice thing is there it's all done in software, so I can change steering ratio from axle-to-axle without having to change the tierods or anything. Actually set it up so that one switch changes from scaled steering to all-at-100%, lets it crab sideways when unloaded.

One final observation is that when selecting a gear motor, work out the ratio you think you'll need, then go lower. Like the 1:1's, these things always end up heavier than you think and needing more torque than you think. I'm tearing down my Abrams for that very reason, ugh.

Anyway, random thoughts aside, once again, hats off to you. I'm jealous, especially of the interior, but just don't think I have it in me to spend that kind of time to get that level of detail and that kind of craftsmanship. Bloody amazing.

-- A