View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 03:44 PM

Orange RC Works is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/10 Caterpillar D8T Build (3D Printed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmckee54 View Post
It looks like you are controlling the motors with just a toggle switch. Do you have any end limits on your actuators?

If you have the limits installed, I'd be very interested in seeing how you pulled that off. I've got several projects in the works where end limits on the actuators would be nice to have, but as usual with most RC projects, space is at a premium. Ten pounds in a five pound sack is a good description for a lot of projects.

You said that you are using the M3 version of the gearbox with the threaded rod output as your actuator screw. What are you using for the nut? I know you've got this type of actuator on your powered ramps, but they won't get used as much as the ripper will, or the blade if you use the same type of actuator there. Any concerns about lubrication and/or wear of the screw/nut?

Don
I had to play around with the transmitter to get my settings just the way i wanted it, for the end point (EPA) of both ch 5 & 6, i think its just 20% both ways, and then i had to adjust the subtrim to make the servo horns be inline with the toggle switch... on the other hand, if you are asking about the end point where the motor reaches the longest or the shortest, i just play by feel and sound also, had to wait to hear till the motor starts to slow down and then hit the controls to center the servo, i use the on-off-on toggle switch so it stays when i flick the tx switch.. i was thinking of installing limit switches but with all the wires and switches, i wont look realistic anymore, not worried about cooling or lubrication either coz you only get to use it a few seconds or maybe minutes at a time to adjust the ripper, so it is fully enclosed as you can see...i use a regular m3 nut inserted at the bottom of the actuator rod, but 60rpm at the lead shaft and the M3 threads, it is kinda slow so i ordered the 200rpm ones and see if they will work better. Now, on the blade actuators, i will have to use a faster gearmotor and open the case a bit to have some bit of cooling and some grease on the lead shaft.. also since the 2 actuators will move independently, i may have to use ch 3 & 4 for each