View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 01:25 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Kinda feel snowed in Martin. I've been plowing/blowing for two long days now & I haven't accomplished much area yet. Get the cows home on the wkend & lock 'em in a big pen till the snow is nearly gone... the open area is much too deep for my quad. It's gonna be chaotic! I hope it warms up soon, this -25 nonsense is getting old, enough already!

Neil, the other fellow is Mitch, he's not much for forum participation and his new job that brought him to Utah keeps him quite busy. I spoke to him before xmas, he mentioned his rc gear has been boxed up for over a yr. Maybe he'll make an appearance on the forum someday when work slows down.

Ya know it's funny Lou, when I reached a million Dec 09, by this time last yr I had another 350,000... I thought I was on my way to 2 mill in no time... my popularity has died off. haha I look at modelkran1, he was about 5mill this time last yr, now he's nearly 20mill. I wonder how much he's making from YT Adsense? I haven't got a cheque yet... I don't think I registered correctly.

The worm drive is great for reduction, and quite powerful no doubt too, but the ring gear is plastic or nylon(?), not sure how much torque to put on that? And the stress on the arms, though they are made from 5mm, could get them wobbly too soon. It seems in the vids of Kalle's & Ole's Hitachi's that the swing is really noisy... could be an overly sensitive microphone on their cameras.

Waiting on parts, calving about ten days away, won't be any updates for awhile...